Mashed tofu in these capsicums makes them creamy and delicious. The key to is flavour the mixture with herbs and vegetable stock. You could add some chili for a bit of zing.
2 red or green capsicums
1 cup of Aborio rice
2 cups of vegetable stock
Extra hot water, just in case
½ block of silken tofu, mashed
1 zucchini, diced
½ an onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic
A handful of chopped parsley or herbs of your choice
1. Turn on oven and set to 210°C.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil to reduce acidity.
3. Add the zucchini and parsley.
4. Add the Arborio rice and cook until the rice goes clear in colour.
5. Slowly add the vegetable stock to the pan, like you are cooking the risotto. Add extra water if required.
6. Just before the rice is cooked through, add the mashed tofu.
7. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes. Meanwhile, cut each capsicum in half and remove the seeds and stalk from the inside.
8. Grease an oven tray and place the capsicums on it, hollow facing up.
9. Spoon the rice mixture into the inside of the capsicums.
10. Cook for 15-20 minutes so that the capsicums should be cooked on the outside. Eat and enjoy!
An original recipe for Vegematarian, taking ye old stuffed capsicums recipe and giving it a bit of an alkaline twist.