Lots of delicious things can be added to a Moroccan mezze platter. Many of them acidic but there are plenty of alkaline options for those who need it.
Dairy Free Pesto
Kirsty’s Creamy Guacamole
Dairy free margarine, butter or olive oil
Moroccan spices (cinnamon, all spice, cumin, coriander etc)
1. Add each dip to the plate by spreading it out with a spoon.
2. On top of the hummus, sprinkle paprika and drizzle olive oil
3. Add butter, dairy free marg or olive oil to a frying pan.
4. Add the spices and mix.
5. Add the pitta bread, pushing down on the top of the bread so it absorbs the flavours.
6. Once the bread is slightly crispy, flip it over and use a flipper or spoon to rub the pitta in the spices. Repeat for the other pieces of bread.
7. Once the pitta is cooler, cut up into small pieces to use for the mezze platter.
Other yummy things you could add to your mezze platter:
Spicy capsicum dip
Cooked chickpeas with a touch of moroccan spice
The Moroccan Soup Bar, North Fitzroy. Da bomb.