2 cups of pre-cooked or canned chickpeas
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 small stick of cinnamon
200g eggplant, cut into cubes
3 sticks of celery, cut into rounds
3 medium carrots, cut into rounds
1 medium potato, cut into cubes
150g of pumpkin, cut into cubes
1/4 teaspoon of allspice
2 cups of vegie stock
100g small green beans, cut into short straws
2 zucchinis, cut into rounds
1 medium tomato, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon of chopped coriander/parsley
dairy free margarine or butter
1 cup of quinoa
handful of sultanas or raisins
1. Heat oil in large pan and cook onion and cinnamon stick over low heat.
2. Add eggplant, carrots and the potato. Cover and cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add pumpkin, all spice (and any other spices of your choice). Pour vegie stock over mixture and add the chickpeas and sultanas/raisins.
4. Stir in the tomato and pepper.
5. Cook the quinoa in a separate saucepan. See this website for how to cook quinoa http://www.noshtopia.com/2008/05/how-to-cook-qui.html
5. Add the quinoa to the mixture (you may need to add extra water to fluff it up) and stir in a tablespoon of dairy-free margarine.
6. Garnish with coriander and pepper.
The Moroccan Soup Bar for igniting my love of Moroccan food and to Clare Presser who still makes some of the best vegetable tagine around.