Oh Mark, you’ve done it again! Eat these burgers (as is) with salad or squish between 2 slices of your favourite gluten-free bread.
2 cups of well cooked beans (e.g. lentils, kidney, white, chick peas or mixture)
1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1 teaspoon of your choice of spice
Bean soaking liquid or other liquid (e.g. wine, milk, water, sauce)
1. Combine all ingredients in food processor except liquid and oil.
2. Pulse processor until mixture chunky – not pureed!
3. If necessary, add a little water to make mixture moist but not wet.
4. Rest mixture for a few minutes.
5. With wet hands, shape into patties and rest again.
The burger mix can be tightly covered and stored in fridge for a day. Make sure you bring the mixture back to room temperature before cooking.
6. Heat oil in fry pan and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until firm and brown.
7. Serve with mustard, chutney or add a slice of cheese on top and grill to soften.
A Mark original for Vegematarian.