Got some old vegies in the cupboard that need using? This is my Moroccan Vegies recipe (a bit different from a normal tagine but delicious nonetheless).
1 onion, chopped
4 stalks of celery, chopped into chunks
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of allspice
2 teaspoons of ground cumin
2 teaspoons of turmeric
3 teaspoons of ground ginger
3 carrots, chopped into chunks
1 potato, chopped into chunks
1 handful of green beans, chopped into small pieces
2 zucchinis, chopped into chunks
2 handfuls of blackeyed peas
3 cups of vegie stock
1 handful of sultanas
2 handfuls of baby spinach
1 handful of fresh mint
1. In a large saucepan, cook the onion and celery in olive oil until brown.
2. Add all the spices and stir until the mixture looks dry.
3. Add in the vegies and blackeyed peas. Stir for a minute or so.
4. Add the vegie stock and bring to the boil.
5. Let mixture simmer on a low heat until the blackeyed peas and vegies are soft, this will take about 30 minutes. You may need to add extra liquid if the mixture becomes too dry.
6. Add the sultanas and spinach and take off the heat. Stir through.
7. Serve with fresh mint as a garnish, a yummy salad and some rice/quinoa if you are so inclined.
An original recipe for Vegematarian.