Mmmm we had this for dinner tonight and it was really yummy! I highly recommend a trip to CERES shop to buy this delicious spelt pasta which holds its shape beautifully!
1/2 an onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 cups of button mushrooms, thickly sliced
4 teaspoons of thyme (fresh is best but dried still does the trick)
1/2 red capsicum, chopped finely
1/2 green capsicum, chopped finely
2 roma tomatoes, chopped into chunks
1 handful of baby spinach
2 cups of spelt pasta, cooked
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/2 lemon, squeezed
1. In a saucepan, cook the spelt pasta (or past of your choice).
2. In a large frypan, fry the onion, garlic, thyme and mushrooms until brown. Put these 3 things aside.
3. To the empty frypan, add the capsicum and tomatoes and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until the ingredients are soft.
4. Add the cooked pasta, mushroom mixture, avocados and baby spinach to the frypan. Take off the heat and stir.
5. If it takes your fancy, serve with sheet/goat/cow fetta crumbled over the top.
Inspired by lunch at the CERES cafe, but an original recipe for Vegematarian.