Zucchini slice is one of my comfort foods and always brings back memories of my Mum in the kitchen when I was a kid. She gave me this recipe and I make it every time the need arises.
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted (I use gluten-free)
4 large zucchinis, grated
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 large fresh corn, cut the corn off the cob (or canned corn kernels)
1 cup grated cheddar or vegan cheese
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
Optional extras – handfuls of parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC (390ºF).
2. Grease a 30 x 20cm lamington pan with oil.
3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl until mixed well.
4. Add the flour and beat until smooth, then add the vegetables, cheese and oil and stir to combine.
5. Add salt and pepper and any other herbs you wish, to taste.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
SOURCE: Thanks, Mum.