We had a whole lot of dill left over from last week’s shop so tonight I used it up in what was an unexpectedly yummy pasta. I recommend using brown rice penne pasta from CERES but whatever takes your fancy will do.
1 cup of brown rice or other gluten-free penne pasta
1/2 a leek, finely chopped into rounds
3 cloves of garlic
1 stick of celery, finely chopped
5 tomatoes, diced
the leaves of 1 bunch of spinach, washed and removed from stems
2 hand-fulls of chopped fresh dill
1 cup of pre-cooked (or canned) chickpeas
Juice of 1/2 lemon, squeezed
1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
Extras: 1 handful of rocket, 1/2 an avocado (cubed)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain once cooked.
2. In a large frypan with a dash of olive oil – cook leek, celery and garlic until brown.
3. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
4. Add tomatoes and chickpeas and stir until combined.
5. Add dill, lemon juice and lemon rind. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Finally, add cooked penne pasta and take off heat. Stir until ingredients are combined.
7. For extra ‘zing’, add a handful of fresh rocket and half an avocado and stir once more.
8. Oh yeah this dish is yum. Eat it allll up!
An original recipe for Vegematarian.