We had a whole lot of sad looking vegies in the fridge so I stir fryed them up and made a Japanese miso sauce for a bit of a change.
1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thick
1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, minced
3 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 medium sized carrot, peeled and sliced very thin
2 cups of small broccoli florets, about 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup of shredded green cabbage
2 bok choy
1 packet of tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (optional)
1 large handful of bean shoots
2 tablespoons of light-coloured miso (the sweeter, the better)
2 tablespoons of Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds
1. Chop onion and press garlic.
2. Chop rest of the vegetables.
3. Heat some sesame oil (or oil of your choice) in a frypan or wok.
4. Stir-fry the onion, ginger and garlic until brown.
6. Add cabbage and brocolli.
8. Add the tofu to the pan and pour over ingredients in pan.
9. Continue stir-frying for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Recipe basics borrowed from http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=recipe&dbid=42