Liz and Hannah’s Eurovision party is a special event on our calendar. Every year, we gather in their loungeroom to enjoy the amazing sounds and sights of all that Europe has to offer. We bring food from around the world and enjoy their home-made baked potatoes with yummy toppings. This year, I created Eurovision people out of buckwheat pancakes, in honour of all the talented dancers on the Eurovision stage.
2 cups of milled buckwheat flour (you can pick it up in most health food stores)
2 cups of plain gluten-free flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup soy milk
2 tablespoons butter or dairy free margarine, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
gingerbread man cookie cutter (or shapes of your choice)
Toffutti dairy free cream cheese, dill, grilled asparagus, corn, capers… the list goes on.
1. Place pancake mix in medium bowl and combine ingredients.
2. Make well in center of pancake mix.
3. Whisk together milk, butter/margarine and egg in a small bowl. Pour into well. Stir mixture lightly until blended (your mixture may have a few lumps and this is totally OK).
4. Lightly grease a frypan with additional butter/margarine. Heat frypan until hot.
5. Ladle 1/4 cup of batter onto frypan.
6. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear and break on the surface of pancakes.
7. Flip pancake over.
8. Cook over side for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom is browned.
9. Let pancake cool and then use cookie cutter to cut out little men shapes.
10. Decorate, with creative abandon!
I Heart Eurovision http://www.eurovision.tv/