As part of my move away from plastic packaging, I’ve started making my own buckwheat pancake mix. This recipe makes approximately 8 pancakes. You can make crepes out of this mixture by adjusting it to 3 eggs and 1 cup of soy/nut milk.
1 cup of buckwheat flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 a teaspoon of salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 of a cup of soy/nut milk
2 tablespoons of butter or oil
Topping ideas: maple syrup, mashed banana, grated apple and cinnamon, strawberry sauce
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Add egg, milk and margarine, beating well after each addition.
3. Preheat a large frypan on a high heat.
4. Turn down to medium heat and grease lightly with butter or oil. Your frypan is ready when small drops of water sizzle and disappear almost immediately.
5. Pour a ladle of batter onto the frypan.
6. Cook for 1 to 1½ minutes, turning when edges look cooked and bubbles begin to break on the surface. Continue to cook 1 to 1½ minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve immediately.
SOURCE: Vegematarian original