Another Turkish recipe. We roasted our capsicums on the campfire but they can be cooked in the oven, under a grill or over a gas stove burner. This recipe is simple and very delicious. In Turkish, it is called sarimsakli kozlenmis kirmizi biber.
3 red capsicums
3 garlic cloves, crushed or finely diced
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (won’t upset sensitive tummies)
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 handful of chopped parsley
1. Cut off the top of the capsicums.
2. Cut capsicums in half and discard the seeds.
3. Roast capsicums. If cooking in the oven, place the capsicums on a greased oven tray with their insides facing down. Roast for about 15 minutes.
4. While the capsicums are roasting, whisk together the sauce – garlic, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
5. After roasting, place capsicums in a paper bag or cover with foil so the skins are steamed off and easy to remove.
6. Remove skins of capsicums and slice them into big chunks or strips.
7. Arrange the capsicums on a plate.
8. Pour the sauce over them and sprinkle some finely chopped parsley. Serve hot or cold.
Thanks to an awesome website called Binnur’s Turkish Cookbook where I got all my recipes for the Turkish feast http://www.turkishcookbook.com/2009/07/roasted-red-peppers-with-garlic.php