The start of Summer means the start of salad-palooza! So let’s take a garden salad and give it a bit of love.
1 red capsicum, sliced
1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
1 large carrot, sliced into small sticks
1 handful of lettuce, roughly chopped
1/2 fresh corn, kernels shaved off the cob
1 cup of cooked rice noodles (cut into smaller pieces to make them easy to eat)
1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons of tamari wheat free soy sauce
2 tablespoons of rice-wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 handful of Vietnamese mint, roughly chopped
1 handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1/4 cup of cashews, roughly chopped
1. Cook the rice noodles, following packet instructions (don’t overcook!). When done, rinse in cold water to cool and separate noodles.
1. Combine vegetables in a big salad bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, combine tamari, lime juice and vinegar.
3. Pour mixture over vegetables and combine.
4. Add mint and coriander, mix thoroughly.
5. Garnish with roughly chopped cashews.
This salad was inspired by the new series of Luke Nguyen’s Vietnam on SBS.