Another recipe from my Mum. This would have to be one of the world’s most superb salad combinations. The slight bitterness of the rocket, sweet crisp pear and crunchy hazelnuts or macadamia nuts all combine to create one very delicious salad!
60g of dairy-free margarine
3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
250g of fresh rocket leaves, well washed
2 firm Beurre Bosc pears (the brown ones with rough skin)
100g of roasted hazelnuts or macadamia nuts
3 tablespoons of olive oil or sweet almond oil
2 tablespoons balsamic or raspberry vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the margarine and sugar in a frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the pear and nuts and cook for 4 minutes or until the pear is just soft and covered in the caramel mixture.
3. Trim the rocket leaves and drain them well before placing them in a large salad bowl.
4. Top the leaves with pear and nuts.
5. Spoon over the pan juices and serve warm. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
My favourite fruit is the pear and this ticks all the boxes. Thanks, Mum!