Zucchinis (courgettes) grow like grass in our backyard during Summer. I make this zucchini soup and freeze it, ready for the cooler months. This recipe serves 3-4 people.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 medium onion, finely sliced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
7-8 large zucchinis, cut into cubes
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups of vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of dill (or your favourite herb), finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a a large saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
4. Add the zucchinis, potatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
5. Lower heat, add the dill and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.
6. At this point you can serve the soup as it is or use a mixer/hand blender to blend until smooth.
7. Serve warm with salt and pepper to suit your tastes.
SOURCE: Vegematarian original