My cousin Kim cooked up this Asian flavoured soup for me and I had to have a second serving. It’s now a regular Winter warmer in our household.
500g pumpkin (I use butternut)
1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 onion, finely sliced
1 tablespoon thai red curry paste (“mai ploy”) or yellow paste if you want something milder
1/4 cup of coconut cream
1/2 cup of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh coriander to garnish
1. In a large saucepan, add the onion, pumpkin and sweet potato.
2. Pour the vegetable stock over the top of the vegetables and bring to a boil.
3. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the curry paste. Simmer for approximately 20-30 minutes, giving time for the vegetables to cook and the flavour to strengthen.
4. Taste. Add salt and pepper if you think it needs it.
5. Remove the pot from heat. Stir through the coconut cream.
6. Blitz with a hand mixer or add to a food processor and blend until smooth.
7. Put back on a low heat for another 5 minutes to heat through once more.
8. Serve with fresh coriander.
SOURCE: My cousin Kim