Beetroot salad with rosewater and walnuts is heaven on a fork. Add your favourite fetta if you’re a dairy-eater or happily enjoy without.
3 cooked beetroot, cut into large chunks
2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
4 cups of baby spinach
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/2 cup of walnuts, lightly roasted and then roughly chopped
2-3 teaspoons of rosewater
Your favourite fetta (optional)
1. There are a few ways to cook beetroot. The easiest way is to boil in a saucepan of water until tender but you may opt for roasting beetroot in the oven. Similar to a potato, a beetroot is cooked through when you can stick a fork through it (but it doesn’t fall apart).
2. While the beetroot is cooking, roast the walnuts in a hot saucepan or in the oven… only for a few minutes, make sure not to burn.
3. Once cooled, rub the beetroot skin gently to peel. It should come off easily but you may want to wear rubber gloves unless you want red beetroot hands.
4. Cut the beetroot into large chunks or dice the beetroot into small pieces depending on what you want the salad to look like.
5. Place beetroot in large bowl and add baby spinach and fresh herbs.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over the top of the beetroot.
7. Toss beetroot and walnuts into the salad. Add fetta if you so wish.
8. Sprinkle with rosewater just before serving.
SOURCE: Adapted from recipe on Taste.com.au