I took the humble zucchini slice (http://vegematarian.com.au/2010/04/17/zucchini-slice/) and turned it into a ‘lots of vegie slice’ for a family gathering on the weekend. It went down a treat and is so easy to make. Good for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
2 large zucchinis, grated
4 large carrots, grated
4 sticks of celery, finely chopped
1 large leek, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 butternut pumpkin, steamed and then finely chopped
1 handful of fresh coriander (or herb of your choice)
1/2 cup of gluten-free self raising flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan.
2. Cut the skin off the pumpkin and steam until soft.
2. Sauté all the vegetables in olive oil in a frypan over moderate heat, for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
3. Place contents of frypan in a large bowl.
4. Toss flour through vegetables.
5. Stir the lightly beaten eggs through the mixture and spread out evenly.
6. Line lamington tray or shallow baking dish with baking paper.
7. Place mixture into tray.
8. Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until set.
9. Loosen edges with knife. Cut into yummy pieces!
Recipe adapted from http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcrecipes.nsf/pages/Vegetableslice?open