These corn fritters are delicious topped with guacamole, dairy-free sour cream and coriander.
2 cups of canned corn kernels
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons of plain gluten-free flour
3 tablespoons of polenta/cornmeal
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 cup cheese or vegan cheese, grated (optional)
¼ cup of vegetable oil
1/4 cup of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Other herbs you could use – parsley, dill, basil
1. Whisk corn and eggs in a large bowl.
2. Add flour, cornmeal/polenta, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Stir in spring onion, cheese and coriander.
4. Heat oil in a large frypan over a medium heat. Then add batter by the spoonful and flatten to form a pancake.
5. Cook until golden, flip and cook other side. Stand back while cooking in case you get any oil spitting from the pan.
6. Drain on fresh paper towel and serve with a dollop of guacamole, a dollop of cashew cream and a sprinkle of coriander.
SOURCE: Michael Smith via Lifestyle Food