It is indeed true that the “simple things in life are often the best”. Yesterday I had this delicious Summer-flavoured spaghetti for lunch with vegetables from my garden and it rocked my socks! No need for cheese when you have fresh delicious ingredients. This feeds two people.
4 handfuls of gluten-free spaghetti (I used San Remo Angel-Haired Spaghetti)
1 pinch of salt
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 handfuls of fresh basil
2 large ripe tomatoes
Pepper, to taste
1. Heat up water in a saucepan and add a teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
2. Once the water is boiling, add the spaghetti and cook as per instructions on the packet.
3. While the spaghetti is cooking, mince the garlic and chop up some fresh tomatoes.
4. Drain the water from the spaghetti and add to bowl/s.
5. Stir in tomatoes and garlic. Tear up some fresh basil leaves and stir through.
6. Season with pepper and eat while it’s warm.
An original for Vegematarian.