My amazing colleagues came over for lunch a few weeks ago and brought with them some yummy dishes. Carolyn made this delicious salad which was gobbled up quickly!
2-3 cups veggies of your choice eg. sweet potato, pumpkin, potato, zucchini, garlic, etc
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups quinoa, cooked (Carolyn cooks it in the rice cooker)
1/3 block of sheep/goat’s fetta, crumbled (optional)
1 cup of salad greens eg. rocket, baby spinach, etc.
Balsamic or apple cider vinegar
Oregano (fresh or dried)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Cube all the vegetables.
3. Add vegetables to a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
4. While the vegetables are roasting, cook 2 cups of quinoa. Once cooked, drain and run through with cold water to cool.
5. Remove vegetables from oven when they are cooked to your liking.
6. Once vegetables have cooled, add to a bowl and mix in quinoa. Crumble over fetta.
7. In a small bowl, combine a drizzle of olive oil and a drizzle of vinegar. Stir through some oregano and pour dressing over salad.
8. Toss salad and serve.
A Carolyn original for Vegematarian. Thanks to Caro, you wonderful woman!