Is there anything quite as satisfying and delicious as an awesome nacho plate? Feel free to mix it up with this recipe and add your favourite toppings! This recipe feeds 2 hungry people.
1 large bag of corn chips
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 fresh cob of corn (or 1 small can of corn), kernels cut from the cob
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 green or red capsicum, chopped into chunks
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 cup of guacamole
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of grated cheese or vegan cheese (optional)
1 handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Any other toppings of your choice eg. black beans, kidney beans, jalapeno peppers, vegie TVP mince, tofu, tempeh
1. Preheat the oven to 250ºC (300ºF).
2. In a large frypan, heat olive oil.
3. Add onion and capsicum to frypan and cook until brown.
4. Remove from heat and add corn from the cob (the corn starts to pop if the pan is too hot).
5. Add coriander to the mix and set aside.
6. In a large baking tray, add the corn chips as a bottom layer.
7. Add the capsicum, onion, corn, tomato, coriander mix and spread over corn chips.
8. Grate soy cheese and sprinkle as top layer.
9. Cook in oven for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. While it’s cooking, make your guacamole and/or sour cream.
10. Remove from the heat and add guacamole, sour cream and any other toppings.
11. Eat hot, with your fingers. Messy fun!
SOURCE: Vegematarian original