Baked risotto minis are so versatile – perfect for finger food, a quick snack or a main dish. This recipe makes about 15 muffin-sized minis.
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1 handful of spinach, finely chopped
2 clove of garlic, finely chopped
250g of aborio risotto rice
3 to 4 cups of vegetable stock
1 handful of fresh parsley, washed and finely chopped
2 free range eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC (390ºF).
2. Heat a large saucepan and add a few dashes of olive oil.
3. Brown the spring onion and garlic in the pan.
4. Add the parsley, carrot and spinach to the pan. Stir through.
5. Add the aborio rice and stir for a minute or two until the rice starts to become more translucent.
6. Bit by bit, add the vegetable stock. Stirring as you go until the rice is cooked.
7. Remove from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Let the risotto stand for 10 minutes or so with the lid on. While this is happening, lightly grease your muffin or cup-cake tin with olive oil.
9. Beat the two eggs and slowly stir them through the mixture.
10. Spoon the mixture into your tin and place in oven. Cooking time depends on how deep your tin is so keep an eye on things.
11. Remove from the oven and let stand for a few minutes.
12. Use a spoon to fish out your risotto minis from the pan. Leave to cool or eat immediately with your favourite condiment (I served mine with Apple, Date and Ginger Chutney).
SOURCE: Vegematarian original