Tofu, tomatoes and basil. Together at last. This is a gluten-free, dairy-free bruchetta that is high in protein and in flavour.
1 packet of firm tofu
1/2 cup of tamari or wheat-free soy sauce
1/4 cup of mirin
3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
1. Cut the tofu into slices approximately 1cm thick.
2. Combine the tamari and mirin in a bowl.
3. Place the tofu pieces in a shallow container and pour over the tamari and mirin.
4. Soak the tofu overnight in the fridge in this mixture.
5. The next day, remove the tofu from the marinate and dry using paper towel.
6. Cut up the bruchetta toppings – tomatoes, basil and garlic. Combine in a bowl.
7. Add the topping to each piece of tofu and garnish with sesame seeds and a drizzle of olive oil.
SOURCE: Thanks to my mate Michelle for this recipe