Oh my goodness! I think I’ve died and gone to mushroom heaven! Even your meat-loving friends will love this vegan pâté.
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
300g mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (I used Portobello and Swiss Brown)
1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs (I used gluten-free)
Salt (I like pink river or Himalayan salt)
Your choice of fresh herbs, finely chopped (I like 1 handful of sage and thyme, and 1/2 a handful of parsley and rosemary)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon of sherry (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a frypan or wok.
2. Sauté the onions and mushrooms together, until all are soft. Don’t over-cook as you want the mushroom juices for the pâté.
3. Add the herbs and stir through for a minute or two.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. I love pepper so always add extra.
5. Remove from heat and add the juice from half a lemon and sherry (optional)
6. Add mixture to a food processor and blend.
7. Gradually add the breadcrumbs. They are used to bulk up the mixture and give it texture.
8. Give it a taste test. Add extra breadcrumbs, herbs, salt, pepper to match your tastes.
9. Cool in the fridge before serving. Store in an air-tight container.
10. Serve with crackers or spread over your fave gluten-free loaf.
SOURCE: Adapted from recipe on Vegalicious