Moroccan spices mixed with the creamy carrot makes this dip a pure delight.
500g of carrots
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of parsley or coriander
1. Peel the carrots, chop into large chunks and cook in simmering, salted water for about 20 minutes or until soft (or alternatively, you can steam the carrots until soft).
2. Drain well, and return to the hot, dry pan for a minute or two over medium heat to dry them out further.
3. Mash or whiz the carrots in the food processor until smooth.
4. Add the cumin, ginger, cinnamon, sea salt, maple syrup and lemon juice and mix well or whiz again.
5. Add the olive oil gradually, while still beating. Allow to cool.
6. Scatter with parsley/coriander leaves, drizzle with a little extra olive oil, and serve.
SOURCE: Vegematarian original