My gorgeous friend Cherie is quite the whiz in the kitchen. Here is her recipe for a rich and filling soup that serves 6 people in small bowls.
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of curry powder
2 large onions, thinly sliced
6 large carrots, peeled and cut into thin rounds
3 cups of boiling water or vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups of raw cashews
1. Heat up a large saucepan on medium-heat.
2. Add coconut oil and melt in the saucepan.
3. Add curry powder in with oil to unlock flavour and stir for about a minute.
4. Add onions and sauté until soft.
5. Stir in carrots.
6. Add 3 cups of boiling water or vegetable stock. Stir.
7. Bring to the boil and then simmer until carrots are cooked through (approx 10-15 minutes).
8. While carrots are cooking, roast cashews under a grill or in a low-heated oven until they are light brown and toasted.
9. Place all ingredients in a blender (or use a stick blender). Blend ingredients together until smooth.
10. Serve in a nice bowl or glass or mug.
SOURCE: My mate Cherie