My mum made these for a birthday party and they were eaten by our family within seconds. The nut and banana combination is a winner. If you’re not into peanuts you could use another nut butter.
1 cup peanut butter (unsweetened) or nut butter of your choice
2 ripe bananas, mashed (filling approx 1 cup)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 whole eggs
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup honey (or 1 drop of stevia, to taste)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Butter or dairy-free margarine for greasing the tin
Optional extras – 1 cup fresh raspberries, ½ cup dried sultanas, 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and grease muffin tin with butter/dairy-free margarine.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients mix until smooth. Fold in one of the optional extras if desired.
3. Scoop the batter, using a ¼ cup, into each muffin liner.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. The resulting muffins should be firm, and lightly golden.
5. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
6. Serve immediately or cool and then store in a sealed container in the fridge.