This popular vegan and dairy-free ‘ice cream’ is TOTALLY AWESOME. You’ll need to freeze your bananas before you start. This recipe serves 2 people.
2 to 3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter or nut butter of your choice
1 tablespoon of honey or agave syrup (to sweeten if needed)
Topping – peanuts or other nuts
1. Freeze your bananas by placing them in their skins in the freezer for about 4 hours.
2. Remove bananas from freezer. The easiest way to peel them is to put the bananas in the microwave for 30 secs – 1 minute until the skin defrosts a little and starts to soften.
3. Peel the bananas and put the fruit in a food processor/blender.
4. Puree for 30 seconds or so. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Don’t over puree or you’ll get banana slop. If you over blend, place the ice cream in a bowl and back in the freezer (stirring every 10 minutes or so) to harden.
5. Add the peanut butter and pulse a little bit more to lightly combine.
6. Taste and add sweetener if needed.
7. Serve immediately or refreeze until you’re ready to enjoy.
You can get totally creative with this recipe by adding fun extras like cacao nibs, chocolate, honeycomb, cookie dough, fresh berries… the sky’s the limit!
SOURCE: Thanks my friend Christina who taught me how to make this dish.